All entries must be non-fiction.
This gives us a very broad scope. Biographies, interviews, anecdotes, poetry-
must be recognizable as an account of an interview or an event & not obviously creative fiction.
You are only limited by your imagination here. We are surrounded by interesting characters & local celebrities all with stories to tell.
Annual events, sporting activities, natural attractions- leisure areas unique to our region & unnatural events or at least unwelcome ones in the form of cyclones, floods & droughts.
What are we aiming for here? To encompass our lifestyle. We want to know what’s out there- capture it & weave your story around it. Our final presentation will incorporate a blending of the arts through diversity of material.
Humorous, (bit whacky even), contemporary, historical, sense of the past- enduring.
What stands out for you? Someone’s perspective on the importance or Spirituality or religion, Multiculturalism, indigenous perspective.
· All submissions must be emailed as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Submissions may be accompanied by a relevant photograph.
· All photos must be scanned at 300 dpi –in order to fit onto page size.
· Smaller photos will be included to fit with short pieces, poems etc.
· Poetry is limited to one page -30 lines maximum
· The majority of submissions will be limited to one page -500words
· Longer pieces up to 1000-1200 words will be considered.
· Including photographs the anthology will consist of approx.190 pages
· The number of submissions included will depend on space available.
· We are hoping to have space to include a short bio & small photo of the authors included in the anthology.
· All content will be assessed on suitability for inclusion.
· Accepted contributions may be edited.
· Editor’s decision will be final.
· All queries to above email address.
Submissions included in the anthology will receive a free copy
SOME SUGGESTIONS FROM WITS MEMBERS
Including annual events, local activities, sporting events, local identities, iconic images, areas of interest local to the region, cultural perspectives on life in Townsville & regions & more……
- a cane toad
- Steve ``Pricey" Price
- Magnetic Island
- Cotter's Markets
- A NQ Cowboys football
- The Crystal Creek bridge
- Bob Katter's cowboy hat
- Perc Tucker Gallery
- A stinger suit
- An ice cream from Frosty Mango
- A dress worn in the Goldfield Ashes
- A cane train
- The Burdekin River
- Palm Island ferry
- The Red Baron
- David ``Crusty'' Herron
- The Great Northern Hotel
- The Rockpool
- Skin cancer
- Tony Mooney's moustache
- The marina
- Townsville to Cairns bike ride (raising money for kids with cancer)
- Chamber of music festival
- Shakespeare in the park
- Strand Ephemera
- The Burdekin Water festival
- Billabong Sanctuary
- Crystal creek/ Alligator Creek falls
- Castle Hill
- Cowboys/ Crocs
-Walking Castle Hill - Roller skating - Ice skating
The list is endless. Please don’t be offended if something dear to your heart is not included.
This is just a bit of brain storming activity.